|1. Enter a title at the top of the form on the
left. (This will be displayed as the heading to your text.)
Type in the text including the punctuation. Begin each sentence (other than the first)
with a lower-case letter if the check box is ticked. (See 3.)
If you use double quotes (" ") for quotation marks, these
will be converted into opening and closing quotes ().
If you want to highlight a word with single quotes, type in ^ '. This
will be displayed as .
3. If you click the check box at the bottom; whenever a full stop is
inserted, the next letter will automatically be changed to upper case. This means that you
must follow each full stop with a lower-case letter.
I live here You live there
I live here you live there
As a capital letter is not always required after an exclamation mark or
question mark (e.g. "Are you there?" she asked.) you must add your own capital
if it is needed.
4. When you have finished, press the button. A short HTML file will be displayed.
5. Select all the text in the HTML file (by pressing Ctrl+A or by
dragging the mouse over the text, or by using the Edit menu).
6. Copy the text to the clipboard (Ctrl+C or Copy option on the
7. Paste the text into your text editor (Ctrl+V or Paste option on
8. Save the file from your text editor into the folder where you are
storing the files. The filename must have an htm extension e.g. mystery.htm
to ensure that it will run in your browser.